125g Crazy Jack Organic Chopped Dates
75g Crazy Jack Organic Walnut Pieces
2 ripe bananas
175g light brown sugar
225g plain flour
1 and a half tsp baking powder
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2) In a saucepan, heat the dates with 125ml water for about 5 minutes. The dates will become soft and mushy. Mash with a fork and leave to cool.
3) Mash the bananas in a bowl.
4) Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, beat in the eggs, then add the milk and 2/3 of the mashed banana.
5) Combine the flour and baking powder with the mixture.
6) Add the remaining banana and walnuts to the softened dates. Mix well.
7) Pour half the cake mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Layer in the date mixture, and then the remaining cake mix.
8) Cook for 1 hour 10 minutes before checking – a skewer will come out clean when the cake is ready.