500g pumpkin, cubed
80ml fresh lime juice
2 onions, chopped
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
1 lemongrass stem, white part only, chopped
1 tsp shrimp paste
1 tsp sugar
375ml coconut milk
1tsp tamarind purée
1kg large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
125ml coconut cream
1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
2 tbsp Thai basil leaves, plus extra, to serve
Handful of Organic Desiccated Coconut, to serve
1) Combine the pumpkin with half the lime juice in a bowl.
2) Place the onion, chilli, lemongrass, shrimp paste, sugar and 60ml of the coconut milk in a food processor until a paste forms. Combine this paste with the remaining coconut milk, tamarind purée and 250ml of water in a large saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.
3) Add the pumpkin and lime juice to the pan and turn up the heat. Bring to the boil. Now reduce the heat again and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
4) Add the prawns and the coconut cream to the hot pan, simmer for three more minutes, then stir in the fish sauce, remaining lime juice and Thai basil leaves.
5) To serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish with torn basil leaves and Organic Desiccated Coconut.