Try this lovely recipe from ocado.com Makes 12 Time: 1 hr 5 mins Preparation time: 20 mins Cooking time: 45 mins
500g yellow marzipan
175g butter, softened
175g soft brown sugar
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Crazy Jack Organic Mixed Spice
450g Crazy Jack Organic mixed dried fruits
50g candied peel
3 tbsp apricot jam
2 bags mini eggs, (optional)
Prepare Ahead - Preheat the oven to 150C/Gas2.
1. Coarsely grate 150g of the marzipan.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well between each addition.
3. Finely grate the zest of the orange and squeeze the juice and add to the mixture, mix well.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, then fold into the egg mixture.
5. Stir in the dried fruits, candied peel and grated marzipan.
6. Divide the mixture between 12 cupcake cases and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
8. Roll out the remaining marzipan and cut out 12 discs large enough to cover the top of each cake. Warm the apricot jam and brush over the top of each cake, then top with a disc of the marzipan.
9. Decorate with either balls of marzipan made from the scraps, or mini eggs.