Butter to grease
100g Crazy Jack traditional dried apricots, chopped
100g mixed peel
100g Crazy Jack walnut pieces
150g Crazy Jack soft figs, chopped
175g runny honey
200g light brown soft sugar
Pinch of ground cloves
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 and a half teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 and a half tablespoons of plain flour
100g Crazy Jack blanched whole almond
175g Crazy Jack ground almonds
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas Mark 3 and grease and line a shallow round tin with baking parchment paper.
2) Pulse the Crazy Jack apricots, mixed peel and walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the figs and pulse again.
3) In a large pan, melt the honey and sugar until dissolved. Bring to the boil, then stir in the cloves, nutmeg, most of the cinnamon and most of the flour (leave half a teaspoon or so of both aside for later). Take off the heat and stir in the hazelnuts, blanched and ground almonds and all the chopped fruit.
4) Press this mixture into the tin. Then in a small bowl, mix the remaining cinnamon and flour. Dust over the tin, then bake in the oven for half an hour or until very slightly risen.
5) Brush off any excess flour and leave to cool completely in the tin.
6) Dust with icing sugar and cut into 20 very thin wedges before serving.