1l full fat milk
50ml coconut milk
10 egg yolks
160g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut
100ml double cream
75ml dark rum
1) Heat the milk, coconut milk and two-thirds of the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
2) Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and the remaining sugar together in a glass bowl until pale and creamy.
3) Pour the boiling milk mixture onto the egg yolks, whisking continuously as you do so, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
4) Cook over a low heat, stirring with a spoon constantly. Watch the custard carefully and do not let it boil.
5) When the custard has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and pour into a clean bowl. Stir in the Crazy Jack desiccated coconut and cream.
6) Leave to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming then, when cool, stir in the rum. Pour this cooled mixture through a fine sieve into a freezer proof container.
7) Freeze for an hour, then whisk and freeze again. Repeat once more, then freeze until ready to serve.