200g Crazy Jack Organic Chickpeas, soaked as per pack instructions
1 medium potato, peeled & halved
4 medium leeks
1 tablespoon olive oil
Knob of butter
1 bouquet garni
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
750ml vegetable stock
1) Cover the potato and soaked chickpeas with water, add the bouquet garni and cook for about 40 minutes, until tender.
2) Remove the outer layers of the leeks & finely slice.
3) Heat the oil and butter in a large sauce pan.
4) Add the onion, leeks and garlic to the pan and sweat gently with a pinch of salt until tender and sweet.
5) Add the drained chickpeas and potato and cook for 1 minute.
6) Add about 500ml of stock and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
7) Liquidise the soup with a stick blender. Add as much of the remaining stock as needed to make the soup the consistency you like. Season to taste.