Apricot Meringue Pie
450g short crust pastry
Juice & zest of 1 orange
250g Crazy Jack Organic Apricots
3 eggs, separated
1) Soak the apricots for 1 to 2 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5. Roll the pastry and line a 20cm (8”) fluted loose-bottomed flan tin. Chill.
3) Boil the soaked apricots with 150g sugar until soft. Allow to cool.
4) Place in food processor with the juice & zest of the orange. Add the egg yolks and blend again.
5) Pour into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly set.
6) Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and add the remaining sugar, a little at a time.
7) Pile onto the tart and bake for a further 15 minutes.
8) Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Fruity bread pudding
8 slices of stale fruit loaf
600ml whole milk
100g Crazy Jack Organic Soft Apricots, chopped
Zest of half a lemon
50g caster sugar
1 tbsp demerara sugar
1 vanilla pod Nutmeg for grating
1) Heat the milk with the lemon zest and vanilla pod until almost boiled. Remove from the heat and leave to infuse.
2) Butter the fruit loaf and slice into quarters to make triangles. Cover the base of a rectangular dish with the triangles (butter side up) and scatter some of the chopped soft apricots on the top. Repeat this process, layering the bread and apricots until there are none left.
3) Beat the eggs together with the caster sugar. Remove the vanilla pod from the milk and add the egg mixture to it, beating well.
250g Crazy Jack Organic Prunes
200g Greek set yogurt
225ml double cream, lightly whipped
2 tbsp clear honey
2 tbsp Amaretto or Armagnac (optional)
1) Cover the prunes with water and simmer gently until tender.
2) Purée with 120ml of the cooking water and allow to cool.
3) Place in a large bowl and fold in the yogurt, honey, cream and Amaretto or Armagnac (if used). Spoon into serving bowl and chill for at least 1 hour.
4) Serve decorated with crushed Amaretti biscuits.
Fig & Honey ice cream
500g Crazy Jack Soft Figs
275ml double cream
1) Put the figs and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2) Add the cream and milk and process again until creamy.
3) Either, pour into an ice cream machine and proceed according to maker’s instructions.
4) Or, pour into a shallow container and freeze until crystals start to form (about 2 hours). Break up the crystals with a fork and return to freezer. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times. Cover and freeze until required.
Sign up to our mailing list
for all the latest Crazy Jack
news and events
Win Crazy Jack Organic Goodies!
Send your own recipe using any of our organic products to this email:
The Crazy Jack team will pick their favourite each month.
The winner will receive a selection of tasty Crazy Jack Organic goodies, which we will send to you in the post. Get cooking now to win!