For the cupcakes
- Preheat your oven to 160C and line a 12-hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases
- In a large bowl mix the flour, ground almonds, baking powder and sugar together, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl crack the eggs and whisk in the yoghurt until well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, followed by the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake cases, filling them ¾ way then bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and springy to touch. Let them cool fully before decorating.
For the buttercream
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy then add the coconut cream and mix it through until fully combined.
- Fill a piping bag with the buttercream and pipe tall nest swirls on top of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle over some desiccated coconut, then top with plenty of toasted flaked coconut to resemble a bird nest.
- Fill the centre with chocolate eggs then shave some dark chocolate on top.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature. These will last for up to 4 days but are best eaten within 2 days
- For the Almond Cupcakes
- 140g plain flour
- 100g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 100g yoghurt
- 175g unsalted butter, melted
- For the Coconut Buttercream
- 200g unsalted butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 100g coconut cream
- 50g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Crazy Jack Toasted Flaked Coconut
- Chocolate Eggs to decorate
- 50g Dark chocolate, to decorate