Mixed fruit & oat scones
- Preheat oven to 220°C, Gas Mark 7.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, sugar, and mixed fruit. Make a well in the centre.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg until frothy, and stir in the melted butter and milk. Pour into the well and mix to create a soft dough.
- Pat the dough out until it is 1 inch thick – no need for a rolling pin!
- Press out 15 circles using a scone cutter and place on a lightly greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes – the scones will be a golden colour on the bottom when they are cooked.
- Serve warm with clotted cream and jam!
- 225g self raising flour
- 170g porridge oats
- 100g Crazy Jack Organic mixed fruit
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 110g butter, melted
- 75ml milk