Almond Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease a 20cm round spring form tin and sprinkle with some ground almonds to coat.
- Melt the chocolate with 2 tbsp hot water over a low heat (or in a microwave). Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light and fluffy. Fold in the almonds, breadcrumbs, melted butter and orange zest, followed by the melted chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the almond chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from the tin and dust with icing sugar and cocoa.
- 200g good quality dark chocolate
- 175g Crazy Jack Organic Ground Almonds
- 6 eggs separated
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 80g unsalted butter melted
- Grated zest of 1 orange