- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4. Grease and base an 8 inch cake tin.
- Place the sultanas, sugar, honey, carrot, mixed spice, orange zest, butter and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Turn into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Stir in the egg, followed by the flour and baking powder. Mix together thoroughly.
- Turn into prepared tin and bake for 60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
- 175g Crazy Jack Organic Sultanas
- 6 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tsp Crazy Jack Organic Mixed Spice
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125g muscovado sugar
- 175g carrot finely grated
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 150ml water
- 250g wholemeal flour