Apricot, Pork and Chestnut Stuffing in Bacon Wraps
- Melt the butter in a pan and saute the onion and celery for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and put to one side to cool.
- Add the sausage meat, Crazy Jack apricots, orange zest, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs and chestnuts and season well. Stir and roll into 24 balls.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Stretch each bacon rasher along a board with the back of a cook’s knife, then cut in half widthways and wrap each half around a stuffing ball. Secure with a cocktail stick.
- Place the stuffing balls on a non-stick baking tray and cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Makes 24 Wraps
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 450g sausage meat
- 75g Crazy Jack ready to eat soft apricots, chopped
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 handful flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 150g white breadcrumbs
- 200g pack whole cooked chestnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 12 rashers streaky bacon