- Cover the potato and soaked chickpeas with water, add the bouquet garni and cook for about 40 minutes, until tender.
- Remove the outer layers of the leeks & finely slice.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauce pan.
- Add the onion, leeks and garlic to the pan and sweat gently with a pinch of salt until tender and sweet.
- Add the drained chickpeas and potato and cook for 1 minute.
- Add about 500ml of stock and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup with a stick blender. Add as much of the remaining stock as needed to make the soup the consistency you like. Season to taste.
- 200g Crazy Jack Organic Chickpeas, soaked as per pack instructions
- 1 medium potato, peeled & halved
- 1 onion
- 4 medium leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 750ml vegetable stock