- Put all the ingredients apart from the cider into a saucepan and slowly bring to a simmer, making sure all the sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook for 20 minutes. Leave to cool, then strain the syrup through a very fine sieve.
- Heat the syrup with a litre of cider and serve hot with a slice or two of apple.
- Makes 1.25 litres
- Handful of Crazy Jack Sultanas
- Handful of Crazy Jack Dried Cranberries
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 orange, halved
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Half a teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Half a teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- Half a litre of water 1 litre of cider
- Apple, sliced to serve