Chocolate Nut Brookies
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 25x22cm tin with baking paper.
- First, make the cookie layer. Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then whisk in the egg. Fold in the flour, almonds and bicarbonate of soda. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the brownies. Place the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melts, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale and fluffy then stir in the melted chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the flour and half of the nuts and spoon on top of the cookie layer, sprinkle with remaining nuts and bake for 20-25 minutes until crusty on top but still slightly gooey in the centre. Allow to cool before removing from the tin and cutting into 20 pieces.
- Makes 20
- For the cookie layer:
- 100g butter, softened
- 175g light brown soft sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 200g plain flour
- 100g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- For the brownie layer:
- 175g butter, diced
- 180g plain chocolate, chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 50g Crazy Jack Whole Almonds, roughly chopped
- 50g Crazy Jack Cashews, roughly chopped