- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 35x25cn tin with baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large clean, dry bowl until stiff peaks, gradually whisk in the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, whisk for a couple more minutes until thick and glossy. Stir in the hazelnuts, almonds and vinegar. Spread the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 25 minutes until golden. Allow to cool slightly.
- Place a large piece of baking paper on the work surface and sprinkle with half the coconut then invert the roulade onto the paper, peel off the top layer of paper and sprinkle with the remaining coconut. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop 100g apricots and soak with 3 tbsp boiling water for 10 minutes, then puree with a stick blender and set aside.
- Whisk the cream to soft peaks, stir in the apricot puree and the remaining finely chopped apricots. Spread over the roulade and from the short end, roll it up tightly. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Serves 8-10
- 4 medium egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 50g Crazy Jack Blanched Hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 25g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 25g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut, toasted
- 150g Crazy Jack Traditional Dried Apricots
- 200ml double cream