- Heat the milk, coconut milk and two-thirds of the sugar in a heavy-based saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and the remaining sugar together in a glass bowl until pale and creamy.
- Pour the boiling milk mixture onto the egg yolks, whisking continuously as you do so, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring with a spoon constantly. Watch the custard carefully and do not let it boil.
- When the custard has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, remove from the heat and pour into a clean bowl. Stir in the Crazy Jack desiccated coconut and cream.
- Leave to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin forming then, when cool, stir in the rum. Pour this cooled mixture through a fine sieve into a freezer proof container.
- Freeze for an hour, then whisk and freeze again. Repeat once more, then freeze until ready to serve.
- Serves 4
- 45 Mins Prep, 25 Mins Cooking, 6 Hours Freezing
- 1l full fat milk
- 50ml coconut milk
- 200g sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- 160g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut
- 100ml double cream
- 75ml dark rum