Crazy Jack’s Christmas Cake
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 2, 160°C. Line the inside of your tin with 2 layers of greaseproof paper and line the outside to stop the sides of the cake cooking too quickly.
- Beat the butter, sugar and eggs together mixing well.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, mix spice, ground almonds, salt) and then add the egg, butter, sugar mixture.
- Add the fruit, and brandy or orange juice, mixing well.
- Pour the mixture into your tin, and smooth the top, to make it level.
- Bake in the oven for 3 hours. If the cake is browning too quickly, cover after 2 1/2 hours with a layer of grease proof paper.
- To test if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer into the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is completely cooked.
- Leave the cake in the tin until it has completely cooled.
- 6 inch tin
- 115g self-raising flour
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp mix spice
- 115g butter
- 115g demerera sugar
- 85g Crazy Jack raisins
- 85g Crazy Jack sultanas
- 85g currants
- 30g cherries
- 55g mixed peel
- 30g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
- pinch of salt