- Dry fry the cumin, coriander and Crazy Jack seeds in a frying pan until fragrant. Grind in a pestle and mortar, then place in a food processor with the chickpeas, salt and pepper, baking powder, flour, chilli, garlic, parsley and lemon zest. Pulse to combine.
- Mould the mixture into about 24 small balls.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the falafel, in batches, for about 3 minutes. Turn as you cook so that they colour evenly. Remove when golden and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the warm falafels with toasted pitta bread and a salad.
- Serves 4
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 2tsp coriander seeds
- 2tsp Crazy Jack Pumpkin seeds
- 2tsp Crazy Jack Sunflower seeds
- 2x400g tins chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 1 and a half tsp of baking powder
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3tsp fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- Vegetable oil, for frying