Apricot Polenta Cake
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3. Grease and base line a 21cm round cake tin and place on a baking tray.
- Soak 75g of the apricots in 50ml boiling water and the rose water while you make the cake.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time until combined. Puree the soaked apricots and all the juices in a small food processor to give a coarse paste and stir into the butter mixture.
- Mix together the polenta, flour, ground almonds and baking powder and stir in butter mixture to combine. Chop 75g of the apricots and stir into the cake mixture. Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 55 minutes – 1 hour or until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- While still hot, brush over the agave syrup. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Serve scattered with pine nuts, rose petals and the reserved chopped apricots.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 55 minutes – 1 hour
- Serves 8-10
- 200g Crazy Jack Organic Traditional Dried Apricots
- 1 tsp rose water
- 225g butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 150g polenta
- 50g plain flour
- 100g Crazy Jack Organic Ground Almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Crazy Jack Organic Agave Syrup
- 25g Crazy Jack Organic Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp dried edible rose petals
- Crazy Jack tip
- Great served warm with clotted cream as a dessert. Keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.