Smoked Mackerel and Couscous Salad
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, then plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest and juice with the olive oil. Pour over the cooled couscous, season well with salt and pepper and toss together. Add the cucumber, apricots and broccoli and toss again.
- To serve, spoon onto a large serving plate or platter, top with the mackerel and scatter with pumpkin and sunflower seeds and almonds.
- Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze.
- Serves 4
- 200g Crazy Jack coucous
- 250ml boiling water
- 150g broccoli florets
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cucumber, diced with seeded centre removed
- 100g Crazy Jack Ready to Eat Soft Apricots, chopped
- 200g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
- 15g Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds
- 15g Crazy Jack Sunflower Seeds
- 50g Crazy Jack blanched whole almonds
- Lemon wedges, to serve