- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Grease and base line 2 x 20cm cake tins.
- Mix together the almond milk, sugar and coconut oil.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the ground almonds and coconut. Make a well in the centre and whisk in the milk mixture to give a smooth batter.
- Divide between the 2 tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing from the tin then cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted then allow to cool. Dip the halved strawberries until coated half way up and dip the tips in the remaining coconut, place on a parchment lined tray and chill to set. Take the coconut milk tins from the fridge and scoop out the set coconut cream discarding any liquid. Weigh 300g of this into a bowl and whisk in the remaining chocolate and golden syrup.
- Place 1 cake onto a serving plate and spread over 1/3 of the frosting, top with the other cake and spread the remaining frosting over the top and sides until smooth. Decorate with the chocolate strawberries around the edge. Sprinkle the rest of the coconut in the centre of the cake.
The cake will last for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
- Serves 6-8
- 350g almond milk
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 150g coconut oil, melted
- 175g plain flour
- 75g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 50g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut + 25g for decorating
- 200g vegan plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 x 400g cans coconut milk, chilled
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 8 medium strawberries, hulled and halved