- Mix the raisins and apricots in the brandy. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Heat the milk, honey and butter in a small pan until just melted.
- Place the flour in the bowl of a kitchen machine with dough hook. Add ½ tsp salt to 1 side and yeast, lemon zest and mixed spice to the other. Mix. With the machine running, gradually add the milk mixture and 1 egg. Mix for 10 minutes. Transfer to a lightly greased bowl. Cover and leave in a warm place to prove for 1-1½ hours until doubled in size.
- Mix the soaked fruit, juices and nuts into the dough until even, then divide into 2 balls. On a lightly floured surface, roll one ball out to a 30x20cm oval. Divide the marzipan into 4 and roll each into 25m long cylinders. Place 2 cylinders, with a gap, down the centre of the dough. Fold over one side of the dough, then the other. Press down the edges. Transfer to a large parchment lined baking tray. Repeat.
- Cover loosely with clingfilm. Leave in a warm place for 30-40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Beat the remaining egg and brush over the stollen. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake for 25-30 minutes (190oC, gas mark 5) until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer to a wire rack and dust with icing sugar.
- Makes 2 loaves
- 75g Crazy Jack Raisins
- 75g Crazy Jack Soft Apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 225ml full fat milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 75g butter, diced
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 7g sachet dried yeast
- Zest 1 lemon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 medium eggs
- 50g Crazy Jack Whole Almonds, chopped
- 50g Crazy Jack Cashews, chopped
- 300g marzipan
- 2 tbsp Crazy Jack Flaked Almonds
- 1 tbsp icing sugar