At Crazy Jack we’re passionate about our nuts! A tasty treat, they come in different varieties; Almonds, Brazils, Cashews, all perfect for snacking on the go, cooking, or baking with.
Here are five reasons you’ll love nuts as much as we do:
- They provide protein, fibre and essential fats for your body. Kerry Torrens, BBC Good Food Magazine’s nutritional therapist explains, “A golf ball-sized portion (about 30g) of unsalted nuts makes a vitality-boosting snack and, unlike most other options, contributes a mix of valuable vitamins and minerals”. (http://bit.ly/2t1sXCC)
- There are loads of different varieties for snacking on the go with, all containing different tastes, textures and health benefits. From Cashews to Walnuts, to Almonds, there’s a nut for everyone.
- They’re versatile – whether baking a delicious cake or adding them to your cooking to make a delicious curry, they’re an excellent staple food to keep in your kitchen cupboard. Try our Date, Walnut and Banana Cake recipe here.
- Protein found in nuts has a positive effect on people’s appetite, leaving them feeling fuller for longer.
- Pine Nuts liven up a stir-fry, Walnuts add flavour to a salad and Hazelnuts top off granola, perfectly.
You can now find our Pine Nuts, Hazelnuts and Chopped Mixed Nuts in Sainsbury’s http://bit.ly/2sWcLC9.