At Crazy Jack we like to know the journey our food and drink have taken before we tuck in. In the office, our designated decaf tea drinker Chris is especially concerned about how his tea is decaffeinated – everything was ok, until his colleague Doug suggested his favourite brew was perhaps not decaffeinated the best way!
After being unable to find out how from some tea makers online, he converted to Clipper Organic Decaf who very clearly outline their process and how their natural methods differ from some of the chemicals used to decaffeinate other teas by other brands.
Like Clipper, we believe in transparency and that food should only be grown as mother nature intended. We ensure our entire range can be traced from field to fork, sourcing only the best quality products. We achieve this through:
- Ensuring all the products we source adhere to Soil Association standards. Their standards are the most widely used, recognised and trusted organic standards in the UK and have a strong international reputation. Find out more here.
- Searching the world for only the best quality grains & cereals, pulses, herbs & spices, fruit, nuts & seeds and syrups. You can find our range here.
- We visit our grower partners to ensure we have a hands-on approach and assist in the development of our products.
- Working with the Good Food Foundation. Our work with this group began in the 1980’s and helped to develop first class organic projects for sultanas, apricots, figs and hazelnuts from Turkey.
- Having a trained team of technical experts to ensure the products we source are only of the highest quality.