- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 900g loaf tin.
- Place 75g apricots in a bowl with 3 tbsp boiling water and leave for 10 minutes then puree with a stick blender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the butter, caster sugar and lemon zest together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time and then the apricot puree and the juice of ½ lemon. Fold in the flour and almonds. Finely chop the remaining apricots and stir half of these into the batter, spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Mix the granulated sugar with the remaining lemon juice and apricots and spoon over the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Serves 8-10
- 175g Crazy Jack Traditional Dried Apricots, roughly chopped
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- Zest and juice 2 lemons
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 50g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 50g granulated sugar