- Soak the apricots for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, Gas Mark 5. Roll the pastry and line a 20cm (8”) fluted loose-bottomed flan tin. Chill.
- Boil the soaked apricots with 150g sugar until soft. Allow to cool.
- Place in food processor with the juice & zest of the orange. Add the egg yolks and blend again.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly set.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, and add the remaining sugar, a little at a time.
- Pile onto the tart and bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- 450g short crust pastry
- 250g sugar
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 250g Crazy Jack Organic Apricots
- 3 eggs, separated