- Put the butter, water and vinegar into a saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted.
- Add the sugar and syrup and allow to fully dissolve (this should take around 20 minutes).
- Boil the mixture to a temperature of 138°C/280°F, then remove from the heat and leave to one side until it stops bubbling
- Stir in the Brazil nuts and Crazy Jack Figs and pour into a well-greased baking tin.
- When the mixture has cooled a little, mark the surface into squares with a knife. Then, when completely cold, break the toffee into squares and store in an airtight container.
- Serves 8
- 110g unsalted butter
- 2tbsp water
- 1tbsp white vinegar
- 450g soft brown sugar
- 225g Crazy Jack Golden Syrup
- 50g Brazil nuts, chopped
- 50g Crazy Jack Soft Figs, chopped
- Oil, to grease the tin