Preheat the oven to 160oC, gas mark 3.
- Place the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, butter and sugar in a food processor and blitz to look like breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the dried fruit and seeds. Stir in the egg white to give a firm dough. Roll out to a 18cm long sausage shape and place on a baking tray, bake for 30 minutes then allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 12 slices at an angle and place back onto the tray lined with baking paper, bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Allow to cool completely.
- Try dipping half of each biscotti in melted chocolate to make excellent gifts at Christmas.
- Makes 12
- 100g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 50g butter, diced
- 75g light muscovado sugar
- 25g Crazy Jack Cranberries
- 25g Crazy Jack Raisins
- 1 tbsp Crazy Jack Sunflower Seeds
- 1 medium egg white, lightly whisked