Mulled Wine & Mixed Fruit Crumble Slice
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4. Grease and line 20cm square tin.
- Place the butter, icing sugar and flour in a food processor and blitz until just beginning to clump together. Reserve 50g of this and set aside. Press the remaining crumb into the prepared tin and press down. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the dried fruit, mulled wine, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and simmer for 8-10 minutes until syrupy. Spoon over the pastry base.
- Mix together the reserved pastry crumb with the oats, ground almonds and pumpkin seeds and sprinkle over the fruit. Bake for a further 15 minutes until golden. Allow to cool before removing from the tin and cut into 16 squares.
- Makes 16
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 250g Crazy Jack Mixed Fruit
- 50g Crazy Jack Soft Prunes, chopped
- 50g Crazy Jack Cranberries
- 250ml mulled wine
- 50g golden caster sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 25g oats
- 25g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 2 tbsp Crazy Jack Pumpkin seeds