- To make the mincemeat, place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together. Place into sterilised jars and leave for at least 2-3 days.
Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- To make the mince pies, roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out 12 circles using a 9cm cutter. Press these into the base of a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Cut out 12 x 6cm star shapes with the remaining pastry. Fill the pastry cases with mincemeat and top with a star lid. Brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
Cooks tip: These will keep for 3-4 weeks in sterilised jars and are great to make in advance.
- Prep time 20 minutes plus marinating
- Cook time: 12 minutes
- Makes 12
- 2 medium Bramley apples, peeled, cored and grated (300g)
- 500g Crazy Jack Mixed Fruit
- 100g vegetable suet
- 25g Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 75g Crazy Jack ground Almonds
- 100g Crazy Jack Traditional Dried Apricots
- Zest and juice and 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 6 tbsp brandy
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten