- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and line a 23cm round fluted flan tin. Line with baking parchment and baking beans and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the parchment and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- To make the filling, whisk together the butter, ground almonds, sugar, eggs, almond essence and 25g desiccated coconut. Blend together the remaining 2 tbsp coconut with the jam and spread over the pastry base. Pour over the filling and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 30 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm or cold.
Try using apricot jam or chocolate hazelnut spread on the pastry base instead of raspberry jam.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 55 minutes
- Serves 8
- 500g block shortcrust pastry
- 50g butter, softened
- 100 g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- ½ tsp almond essence
- 25g Crazy Jack Desiccated Coconut + 2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam (90g)
- 1 tbsp Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds (10g)