Chunky Butternut Soup
- Melt the butter in a deep saucepan and add the butternut squash, onion and garlic. Fry for 10 minutes.
- Pour over the boiling water and sprinkle over the stock cube. Add the Crazy Jack Lentils, pearl barley and peas. Stir well and simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with fresh bread and butter.
- Serves 4
- 50g butter, plus extra to serve
- 800g butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1litre boiling water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 100g Crazy Jack green lentils
- 120g pearl barley
- Handful of frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to season