Date, Walnut & Banana Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a saucepan, heat the dates with 125ml water for about 5 minutes. The dates will become soft and mushy. Mash with a fork and leave to cool.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, beat in the eggs, then add the milk and 2/3 of the mashed banana.
- Combine the flour and baking powder with the mixture.
- Add the remaining banana and walnuts to the softened dates. Mix well.
- Pour half the cake mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Layer in the date mixture, and then the remaining cake mix.
- Cook for 1 hour 10 minutes before checking – a skewer will come out clean when the cake is ready.
- 125g Crazy Jack Organic Chopped Dates
- 75g Crazy Jack Organic Walnut Pieces
- 2 ripe bananas
- 125g butter
- 175g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 225g plain flour
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder