Figgy Christmas Pudding
- Place the mixed fruit and brandy in a large bowl and microwave of high for 2 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Grease a 1.5 litre pudding bowl with butter and press the figs onto the base and up the sides.
- Whisk together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and fluffy and whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time. Mix together the flour, mixed spice, breadcrumbs, suet and almonds and stir into the butter mixture followed by the mixed fruit and the juices until evenly combined. Spoon into the fig lined bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a layer of baking paper topped with a sheet of foil, tie to secure around the bowl with string. Place in a large saucepan of boiling water, cover and cook for 4 hours, topping up the level of boiling water as required. Allow to cool before removing from the bowl.
- Serves 8-10
- 2 x 250g packs Crazy Jack Mixed Fruit
- 4 tbsp brandy
- 200g pack Crazy Jack Soft Figs, halved horizontally
- 75g butter, softened
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 25g vegetable suet
- 50g Crazy Jack Whole Almonds, roughly chopped