Coconut and Prawn Soup
- Combine the pumpkin with half the lime juice in a bowl.
- Place the onion, chilli, lemongrass, shrimp paste, sugar and 60ml of the coconut milk in a food processor until a paste forms. Combine this paste with the remaining coconut milk, tamarind purée and 250ml of water in a large saucepan over a low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and lime juice to the pan and turn up the heat. Bring to the boil. Now reduce the heat again and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and the coconut cream to the hot pan, simmer for three more minutes, then stir in the fish sauce, remaining lime juice and Thai basil leaves.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish with torn basil leaves and Organic Desiccated Coconut.
- Serves 4
- 500g pumpkin, cubed
- 80ml fresh lime juice
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass stem, white part only, chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 375ml coconut milk
- 1tsp tamarind purée
- 1kg large raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 125ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Thai basil leaves, plus extra, to serve
- Handful of Organic Desiccated Coconut, to serve