Crazy Jack Apricot Panforte
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas Mark 3 and grease and line a shallow 23cm round cake tin with baking parchment paper.
- Pulse the Crazy Jack apricots, mixed peel and walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the figs and pulse again.
- In a large pan, melt the honey and sugar until dissolved. Bring to the boil, then stir in the cloves, nutmeg, most of the cinnamon and most of the flour (leave half a teaspoon or so of both aside for later). Take off the heat and stir in the hazelnuts, blanched and ground almonds and all the chopped fruit.
- Press this mixture into the tin. Then in a small bowl, mix the remaining cinnamon and flour. Dust over the tin, then bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until very slightly risen.
- Brush off any excess flour and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar, and scatter over come chopped walnuts, and cut into 20 very thin wedges before serving.
- Butter to grease
- 100g Crazy Jack traditional dried apricots, chopped
- 100g mixed peel
- 100g Crazy Jack walnut pieces, plus extra for decoration
- 150g Crazy Jack soft figs, chopped
- 175g runny honey
- 200g light brown soft sugar
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 and a half tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 and a half tbsp of plain flour
- 100g hazelnuts
- 100g Crazy Jack blanched whole almond
- 175g Crazy Jack ground almonds