Spiced Lamb and Lentil Casserole
- Blanch the tomatoes in plenty of boiling water, then remove the skin and seeds and chop the remaining flesh. Put to one side.
- Place the Crazy Jack Lentils in a pan of cold water, bring to boil and simmer for 25 minutes until just tender. Drain and put to one side.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the bacon and lamb and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spices, crumble in the stock cube, then add the prepared tomatoes, Crazy Jack Lentils, tomato puree, olives and herbs and pour over 75ml of boiling water.
- Bring the mixture back to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Season to taste.
- To serve, spoon into two bowls, add a dollop of yoghurt and sprinkle over the chopped parsley.
- Serves 2
- 200g tomatoes
- 250g Crazy Jack Red Lentils
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
- 400g lamb neck fillet, diced
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 75ml boiling water
- 1tbsp tomato puree
- 25g pitted black olives, chopped
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley, to serve
- Greek yoghurt, to serve