- Reserve 4 apricots and roughly chop the rest.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp harissa, lentils and chopped apricots and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Divide the soup into 4 bowls. Mix the remaining harissa and oil together and drizzle over the soup. Slice the reserved apricots and scatter over the soup with some chopped coriander.
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20-25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 150g Crazy Jack Organic Traditional Dried Apricots
- 1 tbsp oil +2 tsp
- 1 onion, roughly chopped (225g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp harissa paste + 2 tsp
- 250g pack Crazy Jack Organic Red Split Lentils
- 1.4 litre vegetable stock
- Chopped coriander to serve
- Crazy Jack's tip
- Use vegan vegetable bouillon powder for a vegan option. Add shredded cooked chicken at the end for a non-vegetarian option.