Persian Lamb Couscous
- Place the couscous and sultanas in a bowl and add 200ml of boiling water. Cover well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Place a large pan on a medium heat and add the pistachios. Toast for 2 minutes, or until they are darkened slightly, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place the pan back on a high heat and add the olive oil. Add the lamb mince to the pan and crumble in the stock cubes. Cook for 4 minutes or until it starts to brown.
- Add the tomato paste, baharat and 100ml of boiled water. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, chop the mint finely and mix half with the yoghurt.
- Chop the toasted pistachios finely.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Mix the remaining mint and the pistachios through the couscous.
- Plate the couscous, top with the crispy lamb and add a dollop of minted yoghurt.
- Make 2 portions
- 300g lamb mince
- 30g sultanas
- 30g pistachios
- 1tbsp baharat
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- 120g couscous
- 10g fresh mint
- 125g natural yoghurt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to season