- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Place the halved squash on a large baking tray, drizzle with 2 tsp oil and season well. Roast for 45 minutes until just tender. Allow to cool while you make the stuffing.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, pepper and pine nuts for 5 minutes until softened. Meanwhile, place the spinach in a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 2 minutes until just wilted, squeeze out excess juice and chop.
- Mix together the spinach, chestnuts, ground almonds, sultanas and pumpkin seeds then mix in the onion mixture. Season well.
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash, leaving a 2cm border around the edges, roughly chop and stir into the stuffing. Press the stuffing into the squash shells and roast for 20-25 minutes until tender. Cut each in half and serve with salad.
The squash can be prepared and stuffed in advance ready for the final cooking time when required. Add some chilli flakes for extra heat.
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 butternut squash, halved lengthways and deseeded (1.4kg)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 25g Crazy Jack Pine Nuts
- 250g spinach
- 180g pack chestnuts, chopped
- 50g Crazy Jack Ground Almonds
- 75g Crazy Jack Sultanas
- 25g Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds