Here at Crazy Jack we love all things organic, especially dried fruit, nuts and seeds – but we’re shining a light on what is perhaps our favourite, our organic Dried Apricots!
Here are five reasons we love organic dried apricots:
1. They’re naturally dark. You may have noticed our organic dried apricots are actually brown in colour – but don’t worry it doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with them. In fact, it means there’s something very right with them! Our organic dried apricots are brown, rather than the more recognisable orange, as they have been grown as nature intended and do not include any Sulphur dioxide – the preservative added to turn them orange.
2. They’re 100% natural. Our organic dried apricots contain no artificial preservatives, colours or flavourings – so not only does that mean no nasties, we believe our organic dried apricots taste even more delicious too!
3. They’re good for you. There are many health benefits to eating dried apricots. Organic dried apricots are a source of fibre and iron, leaving you feeling fuller for longer. They’re also low in fat, low in salt and a good source of antioxidants too.
4. They count as one of your five a day. That’s right. Snacking on just three dried apricots counts as 1 of your 5 a day! Each 40g snack pack also contains just 70 calories, so are a great choice for snacking at your desk or when out for walks.
5. They’re versatile. Whether it’s for cakes and bakes, or savoury dishes too, dried apricots can be used in a whole host of dishes, as well as for snacking. From Apricot & Marmalade Flapjacks to Apricot & Halloumi Kebabs, check out some delicious recipes with dried apricots on our recipe page here.
Our range includes soft dried apricots in Ready-to-Eat pouches and 40g snack packs, perfect for snacking, as well as Traditional Dried Apricots, which are ideal for baking.
So why not reach for our Ready-to-Eat pouches or snack packs to keep you and the family going throughout the day, or experiment in the kitchen with one of our Apricot bakes using our Traditional Dried Apricots. Whatever you decide, just make sure you go organic!