The Perfect Summer Salad
Ingredients - Serves 4
1 orange's zest and juice
1tsp Dijon mustard
1tsp balsamic vinegar
3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1tbsp sesame seeds
Salt and pepper, to season
145g bag mixed leaves
200g cherry tomatoes
4 spring onions, sliced
40g Crazy Jack Pumpkin
1) Mix together the zest and juice of the orange, the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sesame seeds. Season well.
2) In a large bowl, toss together the rocket, mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes, spring onions and pumpkin seeds.
3) Drizzle over the dressing and serve immediately.
Crazy Jack Jewelled Salad
Serves 4 to 5
175g bulgur wheat
350ml hot vegetable stock
Salt and pepper, to season
2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
50g Crazy Jack Sultanas
50g Crazy Jack Dried Blueberries
50g Crazy Jack Dried Cranberries
Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, finely chopped
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1) Put the bulgur wheat in a large bowl and add the stock. Stir for 30 seconds, then cover with a plate and leave for 5-10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork and season well.
2) Drizzle the olive oil over the bulgur wheat and add the Crazy Jack sultanas, blueberries and cranberries. Season again and add the fresh herbs. Stir through and serve.
Smoked Mackerel and Couscous Salad
200g Crazy Jack coucous
250ml boiling water
150g broccoli florets
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/4 cucumber, diced with seeded centre removed
100g Crazy Jack Ready to Eat Soft Apricots, chopped
200g smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked
15g Crazy Jack Pumpkin Seeds
15g Crazy Jack Sunflower Seeds
50g Crazy Jack blanched whole almonds
Lemon wedges, to serve
1) Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes. Fluff up the grains with a fork, then set aside.
2) Meanwhile, blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, then plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process, drain again and pat dry with kitchen paper.
3) In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest and juice with the olive oil. Pour over the cooled couscous, season well with salt and pepper and tosee together. Add the cucumber, apricots and broccoli and toss again.
4) To serve, spoon onto a large serving plate or platter, top with the mackerel and scatter with pumpkin and sunflower seeds and almonds.
5) Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze.
125g Crazy Jack Organic Currants
350g cooked Crazy Jack Organic Basmati
2 spring onions finely chopped
1 tbsp Tamari sauce
Salt & pepper
Juice & grated zest of 1 large organic orange
50g Crazy Jack Organic Cashew Nuts, lightly toasted
100ml olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1) Soak the currants in the orange juice for 30 minutes. Strain and reserve the juice.
2) Mix the juice with the olive oil, tamari, mustard and seasoning to make the dressing.
3) In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, pour dressing over and serve.
200g Crazy Jack Organic Couscous
1 or 2 fresh tomatoes A big bunch of coriander (or mint, parsley or basil)
1 tbsp Crazy Jack Organic Pumpkin Seeds
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 or 3 spring onions
Half a cucumber Juice & zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
1 tbsp Crazy Jack Organic Pine Nuts
1 tbsp Crazy Jack Organic Sunflower Seeds
1) Boil 2 cups of boiling water (or stock) in a wide bottomed pan.
2) Remove from heat and add 1 cup (200g) of couscous.
3) Cover and leave for 5-7 minutes.
4) Add a knob of butter or tablespoon of oil and fluff up with a fork.
5) Dice all of the fresh vegetables; mix the vegetables and seeds into the couscous.
6) Roughly chop the coriander (or other herbs) and stir through.
7) Finally fork in the oil and lemon and serve.
Sign up to our mailing list
for all the latest Crazy Jack
news and events
Win Crazy Jack Organic Goodies!
Send your own recipe using any of our organic products to this email:
The Crazy Jack team will pick their favourite each month.
The winner will receive a selection of tasty Crazy Jack Organic goodies, which we will send to you in the post. Get cooking now to win!